LSFM’s Visiting Professor, Trevor Dann will introduce the guests on the two graduate panels.
Trevor Dann, is regarded as one of the most influential men in British radio. He has introduced some of the biggest names to the industry and now runs an award winning independent production company, producing content for the BBC. Trevor Dann (@TrevorDann) on Twitter
Graduate Guests from Lincoln School of Film and Media
1) Mark Williams (Class of 2005) now runs MW Media UK, a Lincolnshire-based audio production company specialising in music production and telephone on-hold messages.
Mark is also a Media Director for GNBA, a Christian radio production organisation, where he produces content for one of the biggest Christian radio stations in the UK.
Mark has also worked as a presenter for BBC local radio.
2) Steve Bernard, (Class of 2013) works at Cooz’s Recording Studio, in Oxford. He works with a range of different musicians and talent, producing mixtapes and Eps for local rappers and singers such as Apt Ochiela, Carby, Manny O, Ellie Robbins and Rifle. He works as a live sound engineer for bands and has produced sound for documentaries.
3) Philip Rollett (Class of 2014) works part time for an audio post production company in Hull, creating sound design for corporate animation and radio adverts. Philip also runs his own audio company ‘Start Audio’ working on a range of projects such as audiobooks, animation and indie films.
4) Simon Ross (Class of 2012) is a Broadcast Assistant at BBC Radio Lincolnshire. Simon works on the Sony Award Winning mid-morning show, presented by Melvyn Prior. He was recently commissioned to produce a series of radio features on the Battle of Britain Memorial flight. He DJs under the name of the name of Corbossy. https://twitter.com/simonross46
5) Ben Atkinson (Class of 2013) specialises in merging radio with digital media. He presents a Country Music radio show and podcast, interviewing songwriters and artists in the UK and USA. Ben is a published author and a member of the BBC Production Talent Pool
6) Nia Visser (Class of 2010) works as a Producer and Broadcast Assistant at BBC 3CR. She also is an experienced community radio presenter, specialising in new music and unsigned bands.
7) Hansa Dabee (Class of 2010) works as Assistant Producer for BBC Radio Nottingham and Notts TV. Hansa works on a range of specialist content programmes.
8) Loz Whitaker (Class 2011) worked as a B.A for BBC Radio York and is now part of the BBC team on SpringWatch.
9) Rose Braisby (Class of 2013) is a Radio Drama developer and works full time radio drama projects. She also spent a year working as a Project Leader for Takeover Radio in Nottinghamshire, running radio training workshops for children and young adults
Charlie Partridge is Managing Editor at BBC Radio Lincolnshire. He recently worked as Executive Producer of the award-winning ‘Lincoln Lipdub’, a short film of hundreds of people across Lincoln, which has thousands of views on Youtube. https:///twittermcom/CharlieHP
Headspace 2015 is organised by Zara Healy, a Senior Lecturer in Radio and Sound at the Lincoln School of Film and Media. Zara worked for the BBC in the Midlands as a radio and television reporter and producer for nearly 10 years. She joined the University to teach in 2003 and still freelances as a BBC radio journalist/newsreader